Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am a photographer and I need advice on getting a new camera! FOR CANON USERS?

I bought a Canon eos 400d rebel xti back in 2007





I really want a new camera by the end of this year


and I want it to be a Canon 5d


I'm find with getting the old 5d as to I don't think I'll be able to afford the mkII any time soon.





but canon just announced the release of the Canon eos T1i





how does this compare to the 5d


it will sure be better than my 400d but it can't be better than the 5d








what do you think I should do?








buy the 5d


upgrade to the T1i and wait another year and a half for the 5d?I am a photographer and I need advice on getting a new camera! FOR CANON USERS?
If you want to be a photographer, a serious photographer then you are going to be better off investing in a Pro model such as the 5D rather than another Amateur entry level DSLR such as the 500D (T1i). The 5D is a full frame model, image quality is incredible, far better in low light and a much better camera than the T1i.





The video that is featured on the 500D is something that will appeal to some but if you call yourself a photographer (as I do), then stick with a camera which is made for photography, not videos. If you wish to make a video then a 拢100 P%26amp;S camera will do a better job because you will have AF whereas the 500D video does not.





If you are stuck between the two then why not look at buying a 40D or 50D?, meet in the middle. These bodies are far superior compared to your 400D and I would take either over the new 500D any day.





The rebel series are aimed at beginners, if you want to take this hobby seriously and expand and even turn this into a profession then you should leave the 'Rebel' series behind and move onto the XXD and XD Semi-Pro and Pro models. I did the same and I could never go back to the rebel series, the build quality, speed and viewfinder were good enough reasons alone to upgrade.I am a photographer and I need advice on getting a new camera! FOR CANON USERS?
If you really wanted or needed a 5D, you would know the answer to this question. I assume you know that a 5D is full frame and requires EF lenses? So chances are some of the lenses you have now wont work because they are probably EF-S. 5D is full frame and will still have far better ISO performance than the T1i. Its built better and to last longer. Theres just no substituting it. The image quality with good glass will always be better. You can get a like new 5D off Keh.com for $1600 right now, I dont see how spending $900 on a T1i is worth it. Unless of course you want the video feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment