Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Learning New Langauges and I Need Advice?

I am studying Italian because I want to feel closer to my assisters. No on in my family speaks Italian anymore (my great grandfather/grandmother who moved from Italy in 1920s were the last ones). I only speak English and I wanted Hindi to be my second language but the grammar is hard so I got advice to learn another language is the meantime. On top of Italian I am also studying Russian (not as much as I should to be come fluent). A little Arabic is put into my mind from time to time too- just simply words.





Do you think I should wait till high school (I鈥檓 in 7th grade now) to start to try and learn French or really try and learn on Arabic? I know I'm crazy from trying to learn all these languages at once but I plan to be a translator from my gov. when get older. So I think if I learn as much as I can at my age(13) I know I can be fluent or close to being fluent in at least 2 other languages by time I'm 18, which means less work for my 20s. I also plan to study a language in college.





And yes I don鈥檛 have a life, so I do have all this free time.Learning New Langauges and I Need Advice?
If this is not giving you any kind of concern (mostly at yr age are seeking for dating and amusing..!!) I would go with learning as much as possible till you're still young. Later it will become harder for a lot of reasons. Don't worry about mixing up. Our brain cells are enough to get all the info without making any confusion. I'm Italian and I've started with Latin and French while I was 10, then with English and Spanish when I was 12 to finish all the 4 languages together when I was 18 yo.


I've never exchanged a single word or a grammar rule of a language with another one. So my suggestion is to go ahead trying to learn as much as you can at the same time.Learning New Langauges and I Need Advice?
Hindi grammar is actually not very hard. The hard part of Hindi and Urdu to me is all the idioms that are so hard to figure out that I always run into when I am reading.
Learn as many and as much as you can as soon as you can. The older you get, the more difficult it is to learn new languages. However, once you learn them, you need to use them constantly and consistently, or else you will quickly forget them.
i think you should master no more than 3 at a time. unless they are EXTREMELY different from each other. like i am studying 5 right now but they're like japanese, german, french, spanish and (trying) latin. that way i can easily tell wich worksheets is for french and witch is latin and which is japanese...





if not that then try studying certain languages certain days of the week. like mondays is itailan, tuesday is french, wednessday is russain. etc. etc.





thats what i think works for me. rock on translators!


(cause i wanna be one too)
I would recommend you to learn english first and how to spell ';ancestors'; instead of ';assisters';

No comments:

Post a Comment