Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New dog chases the cats, any advice?

I've three cats, and two established dogs-- in March my Norwegian Elkhound passed away suddenly and after a few months considering we rescued a two year old shelter dog.


( http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/display鈥?/a> ) He's a really great boy, gets along with the kids great and is receptive to new people. Adores the two dogs, but he has a high prey drive and thinks that chasing the cats is the funniest thing in the world.





He's really quite clever, and over the past week we've got him learning basic commands (which he knew none of previously), waiting and sitting at the door before going outside-- instead of pulling us forward, et cetera. He's very quick to teach, but.. the cats!





Any advice you have would be great; for now I've kept them mostly separated-- but that's not going to be a good policy for long.New dog chases the cats, any advice?
you should have thought about that before getting the dog. just let them have their fun! as long as he doesnt hurt the cats!New dog chases the cats, any advice?
I know when We had cats My dog was just a puppy. My dog got a little to close once and the cat showed him what he thought about it. When my cat got after him he respected the cats and wasn't even thinking about chasing or getting to close again. So my advice would be to wait until the cat has had enough they will let the dog know, at least my cat did.





Just a personal experience. might not work out that way for you..hope it does!
i think tht the more time the dog and cats are together they will get used to b with each other and stop chasing them wellll thats what happened with my dog and alllll my cats
Keep the dog away from the cats.
use a squirt bottle and squirt him. worked with my dog and it only took a day of getting wet. my cat is thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment