Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Start new job Monday - meeting new people isn't my strong suit - guess that's why I work in IT ... any advice?

... and I'm not going to picture everyone in the office being naked - but thanks anyway ;)Start new job Monday - meeting new people isn't my strong suit - guess that's why I work in IT ... any advice?
Smile but don't be goofy.


Be confident but not arrogant.


Clean: fresh breath (brush, floss and rinse), clean clothes and body.


Don't wear cologne or scented aftershave (many people are allergic or get instant migraines from perfumes)


Appreciate the knowledge of your new co-workers and ask questions. Don't be a know it all.


Bring bagels and cream cheese, lol.Start new job Monday - meeting new people isn't my strong suit - guess that's why I work in IT ... any advice?
Most workplaces have at least one or two decent souls who like to take the time to help the new guy settle in.I'm guessing you wont have to try too hard,just be relaxed and be yourself.Concentrate on being enthusiastic about the actual work you'll be doing.Hope it all goes well for you.Nothing beats a smile to break the ice by the way.
When you're next to someone, just start talking about them...people love to talk about themselves.


This way, you don't have to come up with alot to talk about....just ask a couple questions.


also, you'll probably make friends faster because, like I said, people love to talk about themselves, and if you let them, they'll feel comfortable around you.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment