Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Advice about moving to New York.?

I'm 19 years old and plan on moving to New York in a couple of weeks from my small town. I was wondering if someone knew any websites I can go to to find a good hourly job and/or internships. Also can someone point me in a good direction to find cheap apartments or a room to rent. I plan on moving their in March but, may move there earlier in I get a job.Advice about moving to New York.?
Get in touch with any people you know who already live there. I find that's the best way to learn anything you need to know. Jobs are hard to come by at first unless you have a personal connection to get you in the door, make sure you have a good amount of money saved before you move.





I was going to move to New York at 18 and then didn't get accepted to the school I wanted to go to. Now I'm 25 and am moving in two months. I've got a job and a roommate lined up and will be starting graduate school this fall, plus I already have a pretty well established network of people living there. It might be worthwhile for you to wait to move until you start school and find a job in the place you're living now where living expenses are lower. (That way you can save up until August and get to NYC with some money in your pocket)Advice about moving to New York.?
for apartments - http://www.anchornyc.com/


apartments with roomies - http://newyork.metroroommates.com/


job search - http://nyjobsource.com/


try searching on google for sites that have listings of apartments for rent and jobs available etc in nyc


i really want to move to new york city too .. good luck :-) xo
An ok apartment in an ok area is $2,000 a month. You really have to make sure you have a very GOOD job that pays well unless you wanna live in a sketchy area. If you don't make more than $5,000 a month I wouldn't move to NYC. I've lived in NYC 3yrs after I got transferred and make $8,000 a month and even now im not satisfied with my apartment...just becareful!
There are no cheap apartments or rooms in NYC. You're lucky if you can find something for $1,000 a month.
Doesn't sound like you are very prepared. How are you going to NY if you have no place to stay and no job?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I see the difficulty of staying in NYC. The truth is that that happens in almost all the big cities in the world. For instance, rent an apartment in buenos aires , Argentina, can cost also 2000 pesos and it is really expensive for the citizens. Of course, if you are a tourist, it is super affordable... It depends on the point of view!
Kim

Post a Comment