Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any advice for socializing our new ball python??

I recently got my son a 3 to 4 month old ball python. My ex and I had three together . They seem more comfortable with people than our new addition. You could walk around with them around your neck or handle them without causing any stress. My son and I are taking turns handing the snake a couple times each day for a short period of time to slowly acclimate the snake to people. Sharpe (the ball) seems to be a little more timid than the others were off the start. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Any advice for socializing our new ball python??
what your doing is good continue to do that, also do not feed it in his cage. Buy something that you can put him in to feed him because if you feed him in his cage, when you open it to take him out or whatever he'll bite you because he'll think you are feeding him! goood luck Any advice for socializing our new ball python??
I've owned snakes for 13 years, and have a ball python my self. When you say timid, does he just stay coiled up in a ball, or does he try and strike? If he just likes to be up in a ball, i've found with mine, i'll gently unravel her and once she sees there's no danger then she'll crawl around just fine. If it tries to nip, the best thing you can do is just try to keep holding her as often as possible. As i'm sure you know ball pythons are usually pretty friendly. However, as with any animal, sometimes, there's nothing you can do, and that's their temperment, just being grumpy all the time. I had one snake like that, I had him from the time he was a baby to 5 ft, and he was always nipping no matter how much I tried to hold him. Anyways, hope this helped.
I'd just give him some time. About 10-15 min. a day of just holding him helps, though I've had a couple that always stayed a little ';head shy';, just depends on your snake. The following site might also help.





http://members.aol.com/TheWyvernsLair/sn鈥?/a>






that is just his habit to be timid you shouldn't introduce him to other people until he is completely comfortable with you ( doesn't bite at ALL) when you have finished then you can slowly introduce him to other people

No comments:

Post a Comment