Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Advice for buying a new desktop PC?

I am looking to spend between 500-800. Here is what I would like to be able to do.





-Burn DVD / CD


-Play online video games. (I dont do anything too crazy but I would like to be able to play a new game if I chose with no problems)


-The basic multimedia stuff, my pc right now has about less than 1,000 songs and pictures combined. I would like to be able to grow this with no problems


-I want to be able to multi task with no problem.


-I want this to include everything. A keyboard / mouse / monitor /spkr etc.


-I built one on dell website for $884 but I think I might have over did it with upgrade to the processor and memory etc. One of my major concerns would be spending $500 and not having a powerful enough graphics card or memory to play a new game on it.





Can anyone reccomend what I should be looking for in graphics card / memory etc based on what I described above?





Appreciate any helpAdvice for buying a new desktop PC?
%26gt;One of my major concerns would be spending $500 and not having a powerful enough graphics card or memory





4 gigabytes of RAM should be able to handle anything you throw at it.





As for graphics card, you'd typically want something in the $100-200 range such as the 9600 GT, 9800 GT, or Radeon 4850 / Radeon 4870.





If you are unsure about which graphics card is best for you, google online for ';[insert graphics card name here] reviews';


Each reviewer typically talks about the performance of the video card compared to others of the same price range.





%26gt;The model I put together had AMD phenom Quad proc





Make sure it is Phenom 2, not the original Phenom (this is slower/outdated). You'll typically want between 2.6 ghz and 3.0 ghz speeds.





All CPU's come with a fan.Advice for buying a new desktop PC?
My personal suggestion.





Can top any of those that you need above with little to no problem.


8gig ram, 640gig hard drive, newer line of graphics card (GT120)





http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/5鈥?/a>
get 4 gig of ram (2 or 3 would be fine but it isn't that much more)


250-500 gig hard drive


2.5+ CPU speed
hi very simple just go to google and search with these word top level desktop systems gaming pc.
i sure cooling and fan is included
http://www.ibuypower.com/





thats were i bought mines AND ITS AUWSOME!!!
- dvd burner is quite standard now


-online games, you dont need anything fancy, but if you choose to play games,, you should go with atleast Geforce 9800 or the GT260 series if goin with the Nvidia video cards OR 4000 series if goin with ATI video cards.


-the Hard-drive these days, quite cheep, the min you should go with is 500G. even the 1T (1000G) is only about $40 more which should give you room for 10000 song and 10000 pics and still LOTS left over.


- multitasking, basically depends on the processor, go with a quad, 3.0 - 3.4 should be planty.


- the memory, depends on what OS you will run, if XP then 2G is more than enough, if you install Vista, then go with 4G


I sell computers on the side.. this system should go for under $800


oh.. as for cooling, even though is does not mention it, it is included

No comments:

Post a Comment