Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice for getting this new JOB...?

I applied for a new government position (16openings) and filled out the required online resume portion as well as attached my personal resume.





I received a confirmation email a couple weeks later stating that after review I am found qualified and my name has been referred to the main employment agency (which is 3 hrs away). There is no phone number of the agency, only an address.





The email also states that any questions concerning interviews, physical examinations or other matters should be referred directly to the agency.





Here is my question...





Do I need to write them a letter inquiring about this position?





My usual action would be to call the company and be persistent. But in this case, there is no phone number.





How should the letter be worded?





Is there any websites online that can provide a decent, professional example of this kind of letter?





I hate waiting for the call back, I like to keep correspondence.





Should I just wait?





Whats your advice??





Thanks!!Advice for getting this new JOB...?
I would write a letter, stating you had recieved their email and are very interested in finding out more. I find showing some (inishitive) is what businesses want, and from my days of hiring it is what i looked for. Be patient too, no one wants to be hasseled but keeping correspondance shows you are serious about the job and gives you that lead over some one they have had no correspondance with.

No comments:

Post a Comment