Monday, August 23, 2010

Which Digital Camera ';SLR'; should I advice my friend to buy (New Canon 350D or Old Canon 20D)?

My friends asked my to choose from two digital camera models (New Canon 350D or Old Canon 20D) and tell him to buy one of them. I suggest that he can buy Canon Rebel XT 350D because it is cheaper and lighter than Canon 20D. I am not sure if I told him the truth depending on only two factors. The price and the weight. If you would be in my shoes, which one would you advice your friend and why?Which Digital Camera ';SLR'; should I advice my friend to buy (New Canon 350D or Old Canon 20D)?
The 20D has been replaced by the 30D, but even the most ardent Canonites agree that the changes didn't justify a new model number. The 30D has a slightly larger back screen and 1 or 2 other minute changes. It's not faster or better in any way however, and nothing has changed with regard to the sensor or image quality.


The 20D was, and still is a major step up from the 350D.


If your friend is a serious photographer, he'll appreciate the extra features of the 20D. The 20D also has a much better build quality, and the shutter is rated to last twice as long as that of the 350D. The extra price is entirely justified.


Also, I don't believe that the extra weight is a point against the 20D. I personally feel that the 350D is too small and light!


I personally shoot a Nikon D200, so I guess I'm biased towards the more advanced of the 2 models you're considering.Which Digital Camera ';SLR'; should I advice my friend to buy (New Canon 350D or Old Canon 20D)?
The newest model of canon, it will have better quality, easier use, and more add-ons.
It doesn't matter. They are functionally, the same camera (as is the 30D).





If it was me, I would skip these cameras and go for the EOS-5D instead:





http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/鈥?/a>
Actually the new Canon 30D replaces the 20D and it has more features than the 350D. I would go with the 30D if this friend has aspirations to move beyond taking snapshots to a more advanced level.





here are reviews on the two cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment