Sunday, August 22, 2010

New to rubber stamping...need advice!?

This past Saturday I went to my first Stampin Up! party and was introduced to rubber stamping and card making. I absolutely adore it and can't wait to start creating. The only problem is that I am so overwhelmed with techniques and all the fun items that stamping involves I'm not sure where to start. Any books for beginners that would be helpful or good advice? Thank you!





Only serious helpful answers please. Thank you.New to rubber stamping...need advice!?
Hobby Lobby is the best place to buy stamps and ink pads, because they have them at 50% often.


I do love Stampn' Up.


If you have an Archiver's by you, they have a rubber stamping beginners class that is free. I have taken many card classes there that are great.





check out your library. Mine has several books on scrapbooking and stamping and paper crafts, look through all of those. Also check out the magazines while you are there. My library has four different paper crafting magazines and you should be able to check out old issues.





Stamping is a process you will build on. I love to emboss all my stamping, then water color it. You need to just start with inking and stamping first.





for a group of rubber stampers and scrapbookers check out site belowNew to rubber stamping...need advice!?
Hi -





As a fellow crafter, I can offer you a couple of websites that you can check for beginner's advice on rubberstamping.





One book that I can recommend is:





Making Greeting Cards With Rubber Stamps by Maryjo McGraw ';The basic supplies you'll need to begin making greeting cards with rubber stamps are: Rubber stamps of course!';

No comments:

Post a Comment