Thursday, August 19, 2010

Seeking advice, going through a deployment, new baby...?

I just got married on the 28th, Had our baby the 19th, and now he left to go back to Afghanistan again. He will be gone for a little under a year. It was a great rnr, but I miss him so much. It hurts so much, i even wacked all my hair off. Its like im going crazy. I stay with my mom, and I have a 4 year old and a newborn. I dont know what to do. I cant sleep. Im always looking at the phone. Is this normal? I just want to crawl up in his arms. I dont want to do this alone. I dont know how I am going to do it period.Seeking advice, going through a deployment, new baby...?
Just stay strong for the sake of your kids. Surround yourself with friends and family. My wife will be doing a 1 year tour in Egypt starting in May so I'll be in the same boat basically. We have a 3 year old and a 10 months old. That or get in contact with the support groups in your area for military wives. God bless!Seeking advice, going through a deployment, new baby...?
Grow up and be a good wife young lady. He is doing for his country so you better start doing for him. He will be back, stop worring about everything and put your time and energy in your children and your home.
I understand how you feel. It's never easy watching them go, but give it a little time you'll get a routine going and time will move a lot faster. Just keep looking foward to when you get to be in his arms again. Remember everything will be worth it when he returns.





And yes looking a the phone, waiting for a call is perfectly normal.
Go out and get a job so you can so something for yourself, if you are busy you dont think about things that hurt all the time!
Dealing with a deployment is hard enough but to also do it with a newborn baby is even harder.





I personally think that this is more than just about the deployment. You could have a case of PPD and your husband being deployed is not helping it out. First, get help and go see a doctor before PPD gets worse. Second, pick yourself up and do something. Fixating on your husband's deployment will not make it any easier so focus on your family and hobbies and work or school. Your job while your husband is away is to keep the family together and be productive and for him to come home to a happy and healthy family. You aren't doing this alone.
Go see your doctor...could be PPD and medication could help - at least for now. When the hormones pass - volunteer, get a job - whatever you have to do to help pass the time...
Its not easy but at least he got to see the baby be born and you got to marry the man you love!!


I had my baby when my ex was deplyed then went through 2 more deployments with him it is HARD!! No one should have told you it would be wasy but most definately as soon as the baby is a little older get a job and find something to occupy your time, really thats all you can do! I sent him a package every other friday and wrote him daily that helped and depending on what branch there are great i mean great sites to join that will desfinately help you through it not here though!! Mine was a marine and marine parents was great and we had our own battalion yahoo group!!

No comments:

Post a Comment