Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice on buying a new zxr250..are they any good?!?

Well people, after months of nervously putting it off, Ive got my bike test booked for jan. I will pass! Oh yes! (think positive thoughts girl!)


Ive got a 1989 zxr250 which has been rusting away in the garden for some months and I think its going to cost a bomb to get it road worthy again. Its really chunky and quite heavy, although it still looks pretty cool and goes like the clappers.


As Im quite petite, I dont really want anything larger than a 250 or 400 when I pass my test as Ive ridden a zx6r and a r6 and I dont really want to wrap myself around a lamp post.


The new zxr250 has caught my eye but I would love to hear from anyone who owns one, is it lighter than the older models? (mine weighs a ton!) and are they as nippy?


Or maybe someone has ideas about a different bike I should take a look at? Im not into sports tourers or cruisers (lack of beard and tassles!) and really want a sporty looking bike.


Thanks!Advice on buying a new zxr250..are they any good?!?
there a belting bike the old zxr's....me,personally give the old kwacker a quick ''make over'' and use it over the winter months...you've got a couple of weeks to get it ready.....use it till summer when your ready for an R6 or the like...you'll soon grow out of the zxr....just remember they only go as fast as you want them to....and ALWAYS expect the unexpected when driving so you wont be caught out....enjoy.Advice on buying a new zxr250..are they any good?!?
Kawasaki is the oldest Jap bike manu...., I've been riding since I was 12 years old, now 41, covered at least 200,000 km, in some of the worst conditions and speed you would not believe, snow 5cm deep too at very high speed. SO LISTEN TO ME! Make sure both your feet reach the ground, when your sitting, don't over stretch, your old bike sounds like it could cost you money, example, tyre, wheel bearings chain and sprockets, full service, Fork head bearing, these are just a few things that are normally replaced on a bike that old. the lighter the bike the easier it is to ride, look at some of the medium to big scooters too. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki are the big 4 from Japan, if tyou buy second hand, better bring a friend who knows something or 2. some bikes I've owned Kawasaki ZX7R 1998, Never gave me a problem, But When I replace a tyre I replace the wheel bearings too extra 20 quid. Honda magna's many of them, Yamaha Rd's 1980's, Vespa's, Aprille maxi scooters, and many more, I've even couried for a few years. take your time and be prepaired to walk away, the market is in your favour, I'LL SAY ONE MORE THING, GET THE GOOD SAFETY GEAR. My helmet cost 500, boots 300, jacket 300. gloves 120, spine guard 150, legs 300. you don't have to spend a fortune unless you care about yourself, take it easy till you get use to the new bike, about 1000miles, you should know it by then, I hope this was useful to you

No comments:

Post a Comment